- Provide timely and appropriate evaluation and treatment in order to reduce the incidence of mental illness and, especially, the need for institutional care.
- Provide those services that will manage and reduce the symptoms of mental illness.
- Promote programs and activities that are effective in the prevention of anti-social behavior, family breakdown and severe dysfunction of children, adolescents and adults.
- Provide services that are strength-based and culturally competent.
- We now offer same day access for intakes in our mental health clinic. This means that clients who wish to have a initial mental health assessment can usually be seen for their first appointment the day they walk in to the clinic; however, this is based on number of clients requesting services that day and on clinician availability.
- Same day access is offered Monday through Thursday at various times throughout the day in order to best accommodate scheduling needs. All you have to do is come in with your insurance card, fill out some paperwork, and we will do our best to have you see a counselor that day.
The Family Mental Health Clinic services are available at our 257 Main Street, Binghamton office. Services include individual, family or group counseling provided by professional psychotherapists. We provide assessment and consultation by a licensed psychiatrist, as well as the following services:
- Initial assessment
- Psychiatric assessment
- Psychotherapy – individual, family/collateral, and group
- Psychotropic medication treatment, education, and monitoring
Monday – Thursday – 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Friday – 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
We accept Medicaid at our Binghamton office only, and we are providers for most insurances.